It’s a fact: Female playwrights are critically underrepresented on stages across the country.
And we’re taking positive action here in LA.
We’re here to support plays by women+ in Los Angeles, and also the theaters, collaborators and producers who are putting them onstage.
If you’re a femme-identifying playwright, we want to promote you, help connect you with other artists, and be a springboard to facilitate new projects and ideas.
Whether you’re a playwright, theatermaker or theatergoer – of any gender – join forces with us!
- See Plays by Women on LA stages
- Follow our Persons of Interest Blog
- Come to one of our upcoming Events
- Use and look for our Logo
- Read the LAFPI Study of LA theaters and LA playwrights
- Check out our Podcasts
- Get important Resources – and promote yourself as a resource for other artists
Wouldn’t you like to say,
“I’m with the FPI?”
Become part of the movement.
“A theatre that is missing the work of women is missing half the story, half the canon, half the life of our time. That is the situation we have now.”