Be part of LAFPI’s SWAN Day Los Angeles: A Festival of Women Playwrights & Directors on Saturday, March 23rd hosted by A Noise Within in Pasadena.
Presented by LAFPI and A Noise Within with the participation of actors and directors from local theater companies, the day will include readings of short plays and Micro-Reads, plus time to eat, drink and connect with female artists for future collaborations – the perfect way to Support Women Artists NOW!
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 22nd
- Plays must be by LA-area female-identifying playwrights. (You do not have to be a member of LAFPI or currently live in LA. However, you must be able to attend the event and actively participate in the process.)
- We’re looking for 5-6 unproduced, unpublished short plays 10 minutes or less. (Plays may have been presented in readings, but brand new is great!)
- Please send plays with no more than 5 characters (unless they all can be played by 5 actors).
- Only 1 play per playwright, please.
Plays will be read and evaluated by A Noise Within artists. Selected plays will be paired with a female-identifying director, cast with professional actors and presented in a rehearsed reading.
Final deadline for all submissions is Friday, February 22nd – early submissions are strongly encouraged!
To submit, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line SWAN Day Los Angeles + your name.
Include a short bio in your email and ensure the following is included in your play, attached as a PDF file named Play Title + your name:
- TITLE PAGE with your name and contact info
- SHORT SYNOPSIS
- CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS and any casting considerations
Don’t have material to submit? Don’t worry. Plan on bringing one page to the festival and we’ll feature it in a special version of our Micro-Reads.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
We look forward to reading your work!
Now, please help us spread the word: lafpi.com/swan-day-2019-submissions/
And do connect with us!